Corporate Social Responsibility Policy Statement
Mangera Yvars Architects (MYAA) is a socially responsible organization committed to developing projects based on ethical principles.
As architects working in the public and private sector we strongly believe in the principle that good architecture and urban design can contribute to better societies. Our corporate and social responsibility policy is therefore intrinsic to our design ethos as well as to our work place methodology.
This policy document sets our approach to corporate and social responsibility and ethical trading in three key areas:
Ethical Statement of Intent
To produce socially responsible architecture, our ethical statement of intent is based on consideration for our employees, clients and suppliers as set out below:
MYAA is committed to ensuring the protection of the rights of all those who work for our organization through well established and widely available company policies. These include our employment, equal opportunities and diversity policies which are based on UK and EU legal requirements and considerations from The Royal Institute of British Architects and Investors in People. MYAA complies with working hours and working condition directives as applicable by Law. In many areas the company aims to operate above the minimum standards required by law to ensure that employees are safe, rewarded and valued.
Mangera Yvars Architects is committed to implementing its ethical and social responsibility by enlisting also the support of our clients. In our work we seek to address the following key issues:
- To develop architecture with wider urban aims and which considers the well being of the community.
- To develop an inclusive approach to architecture which considers the needs of all citizens as equal stakeholders
- To promote and encourage a sustainable approach to architecture and to highlight to our clients their obligation to act as responsible world citizens.
Mangera Yvars Architects is committed to working with suppliers which promote high ethical standards. Our key supply chain partners are selected on the basis of compliance against our own high ethical standards.
MYAA Management Board has a Director who’s duty it is to maintain and develop our cooperate and social responsibility policy. Our Human Resources Director will lead in planning, developing, reviewing and communicating our ethical trading policy standards and ensuring improvement action is taken where necessary. Our Quality and Environmental Assurance Manager is responsible for monitoring compliance which in turn is audited regularly for ISO 9001:2008 and 14001:2004 compliance. Senior staff are responsible for the day to day implementation and explanation of our policy to work groups and project teams.
MYAA implements and demonstrates its corporate and social responsibility through a range of actions. These actions including the following ongoing commitments:
- Financial support for training programs including The European Union Erasmus and Leonardo programs
- Support for office based on going training.
- Pro Bono work on a range of community projects
- Adoption and implementation of an Environmental Policy in line with our ISO 14001:2004 obligations